Healthy You Lifestyle Change
To be eligible you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old and not be pregnant
- Have a previous clinical diagnosis of gestational diabetes or gave birth to a baby weighing 9 pounds or more
- Have a family history of diabetes and/or Family background is African American, Hispanic/Latino,
- American Indian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander
- Recently diagnosed with diabetes
- Be overweight (Body Mass Index ≥25; ≥23 if Asian)
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year: 1) Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7–6.4%; 2) Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL; or 3) Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL
- 45 years of age or older, have a parent, sister, or brother with diabetes
- Physically active less than 3 times a week
- Take the Prediabetes Risk Test and receive a screening result of high risk for type 2 diabetes:
We are redesigning this program to allow us to work together during the COVID19 Social Distancing restrictions. It is not too late to participate.
Join us for this amazing FREE program for one year! You will receive a toolkit, education, home health monitoring, medication and coaching. Participate in chef demonstrations, exercise and a variety of other fun activities!
- Lunch box to carry healthy meals to work, play or other travel
- Portion control measuring cup, bowl and plate
- Diabetes education and tracking tools
- Apple slicer, Diabetes Cookbook, stretch bands
- Digital kitchen scale, cutting board and colander
- A variety of digital tools and online engagement to supplement the support you will get
- Connection to a Coach for women ages 40+
Ready to commit to a NEW YOU?
Go to the Foundation's online form and sign up at our contact page and someone will get back with you. Click Here to Apply.